Friday, April 17, 2009

Ecua Life

Making Humitas - putting the ground corn into the husk to cook.


Making humitas - adding salt, cheese and butter.

Making humitas - my neighbor, Esperanza, cutting the corn off the husks.




Making humitas







My neighbor´s son fixing out roof in a storm. It´s been raining like this most afternoons.



My backyard.




Nathalie, Jacob and me.




We got very stylish sunglasses and wear them everywhere--as if we
don´t stand out enough already.





St. Patrick´s Day party in Machala.




Planting coffee.


Eating dulce de leche with Rosita






Alberto´s mom stretching out for a nap at the farm.





Grilled sweet plantains with cheese!


Valentine´s Day ceviche lunch in Peru with Nathalie, Eva and Alberto.


Cold on the bus. We aren´t used to air conditioning.



Stirring the dulce de leche


Why?



My fish had sharp teeth.




Our anti-trafficking in persons presentation.


























Our coffee



My car...I wish.





No comments: